The lingzhi or reishi mushroom has been used as a medicinal mushroom in traditional Chinese medicine for more than 2,000 years, because of lingzhi’s presumed health benefits and apparent absence of side-effects.
Chinese Name : Ling Zhi
Scientific Name : Ganoderma spp.
Japanese Name : Reishi Mushroom
– A basidiomycete, lamalaless fungus belongs to the family of polyporacea.
– Ranked No. 1 in the Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic, original textbook of Oriental Medical Science.
– Pen T’sao Kang Mu described:” Reishi positively affects the life energy, or qi of the heart, repairing the chest area and benefiting those with a knotted and tight chest.
– The late Hiroshi Hikino, recognized as the world’s authority on the chemistry of the Oriental medicinal plants, called Reishi one of “the most important elixirs in the Orient”.
- Organic Germanium
- Ganoderic Essence
- Essential Fatty Acids
(1) Kidney-like or conk-like in shape with the diameter of between 5 – 20 cm.
(2) It is a woody-textured mushroom with a shiny surface that appears lacquered when moist or wet.
(3) The mushroom “cap” can be a dull red to reddish brown and sometimes nearly black in colour.
(4) Its underside is whitish and featuring pores and will turn brown when touched. Areas of new growth are whitish and then darkening to yellow brown and eventually reddish brown at maturity. One can easily see zonations of concentric growth patterns.
(5) Spores dispersed from the cap underside collect on the surface of the caps below which will give a powdery brown appearance when dry.
(6) It has white to yellow stem which eventually darkens to brown or black. The stem is eccentrically or laterally attached to the cap, usually sinuous, and up to 10 cm in length with a thickness of 0.5 – 5.0 cm.
Medicinal Properties :
- Prevent and treatment of cancer (anti-tumour effect and immunopotentiation)
- Healing effect on the lungs due to asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Liver protection by aiding detoxification process
- Treatment of migraine and headache
- Treatment of hypertension
- Lower serum cholesterol levels with no effect on triglycerides.
- Help to heal wound
- Treatment of Hepatitis B
- Lower hypertensive blood pressure
- Slow down aging process of cell from free radical
Temporary Reaction After Taken Ganoderma
After taken Ganoderma, some people will experience temporary reactions obviously for those with serious chronic illness. Examples of the reactions are:
- Body pain
- Boils and rashes
- Frequent urination
- Dry throat
Actually it is part of the healing process when ganoderma begins showing its effectiveness in:
- Clearing circulatory blockage
- Removing toxics
- Improving body constitution.
* If you can not stand for the reactions, reduce Ganoderma dosage to half. Upon feeling better, increase the dosage again.
NOTE : Mushroom is not intended to use as a medicine to treat any illnesses. It is only recommended as food supplement for general health.